Water is crucial for well-functioning of your body. Although, there isn’t any agreed quantity of water that you must consume daily. But, it is recommended that you drink at least 2 litre of water per day.
Here are five reasons why you should make sure you’re drinking enough water-
- Maintains body fluid balance
- Maximizes physical performance
- Makes your skin glow
- Kidney’s best friend
- Affects brain function
1. Maintains body fluid balance- Your body is made up of about 60% water. Digestion, absorption, circulation, creation of saliva, transportation of nutrients are some of the functions performed by these fluids. Water also maintains your body temperature and helps in proper digestion of the food you eat.
2. Maximizes physical performance- While you workout or exercise, your body tends to dehydrate. This dehydration can lead to reduced motivation and increased fatigue. Drinking optimal amount of water can prevent this from happening and can help you perform better.
3. Makes your skin glow- Your skin contains plenty of water and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss. On the other hand, dehydration can cause dryness and wrinkling on your skin. Drinking enough water contributes to glowing skin by delivering essential nutrients to your skin cells and making your skin look rejuvenated.
4. Kidney’s best friend- As long as you drink enough water, your kidneys clean and remove the toxins from your body. The kidneys require water to operate properly. Drinking insufficient amount of water increases the risk of kidney stones and other problems.
5. Affects brain function- Your brain is affected by your hydration status. Researchers have found that dehydration can impair both mood and concentration of individuals. It can also cause headaches. It may even affect your memory and brain performance.