You might or might not have heard about Paleo diet. But, let me tell you if you want to lose your weight then you must know what it is.
Paleo diet is a plant-based diet. It includes plenty of vegetables, mostly non-starchy and fruit in moderation. It also includes unprocessed meat, eggs, nuts and seeds, bugs, seafood and fish. Processed foods, wheat, legumes and sugar are all avoided. It generally emphasizes on seasonal fruits and vegetables.
Make sure you consult your dietician before adopting paleo diet, to know whether it is suitable for you or not. Common benefits of paleo diet includes-
- Weight loss
- Increased insulin sensitivity
- Better heart health
- More energy
1. Weight loss- The main focus of a paleo diet is consuming unprocessed food. This means consuming fewer carbohydrates. A research in 2014 stated that following paleo diet shows beneficial effects regarding fat mass, abdominal obesity. Paleo diet avoids any type of junk or fast food which cuts off consumption of unhealthy fats and carbs.
2. Increased insulin sensitivity- As most paleo foods are relatively low-carb, there is often lower demand on the pancreas to produce insulin. This decrease in insulin secretion improves the effectiveness of insulin, which in turn reduces insulin resistance, the driving force of type 2 diabetes.
3. Better heart health- Generally, people who are suffering from diabetes are prone to heart diseases. Several studies have stated that paleo diet is beneficial for your heart and for diabetic patients as well. It also reduces total cholesterol, LDL, triglycerides and increases HDL in your body.
4. More energy- A well-balanced paleo diet provides you the right amount of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals. It also lowers your calorie consumption and keeps you away from sugary beverages. This way it makes you feel more energized and restores your energy.