Your skin protects itself from external harm in daylight and switches to recovery mode at night, with the regeneration process up to three times faster than during the day. Most of the time, your skin sees a surge in release of HGH (Human Growth Hormone) during night. This release of HGH helps in rebuilding body tissues and increases cell production to invigorate and rejuvenate the dermis.
Here are five night time skincare tips which will give you a refreshing and radiant look when you wake up in the morning-
- Use skincare products with active ingredients
- Change your pillowcase frequently
- Evening, is spa time
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night
1. Double-cleanse- Even if you don’t wear makeup, cleansing is necessary. It removes dirt, pollution, dead skin cell buildup, excess oil from your face. If you go to bed without cleaning your face, the impurities will clog your skin pores, trigger oxidative pathways and may disrupt your skin’s microbiome. To get the best result, clean your skin with an oil-based wash first, then with a gentle water-based wash.
2. Use skincare products with active ingredients- During the day, your skin requires product which protects it from external factors. While, at night your skin is at rest and is more receptive to skin care products. Active ingredients like peptides, algae extract, fruit extracts can improve visible firmness, enhance barrier function.
3. Change your pillowcase frequently- A dirty pillowcase may cause harm to your skin by reintroducing oil and blemish-causing bacteria to your skin. It is important to sleep on a clean and fresh pillowcase every night, especially for people with breakout –prone skin.
4. Evening, is spa time- In evening, your skin is least exposed to any type of free radicals. It is the right time to give your skin a spa treatment. Apply a face mask to remove all impurities from your day to ensure your skin is clean before you hit the bed.
5. Sleep 7-8 hours every night- Sleep plays an important role in keeping your body and skin healthy. Get a good night’s sleep every night by sleeping for 7-8 hours. Lack of sleep, increases stress which can aggravate all kinds of skin conditions, including breakouts, eczema and psoriasis.