None of us wants to look old and neither can we change the natural aging process. Though, we can slow the effects of aging has on our skin. The environment you live in and your lifestyle affects your skin aging process.
By using the right beauty products and managing your skin care schedule, you can postpone your skin aging.
If you want you stay young forever, follow these simple tips-
- Use gentle face wash
- Exfoliate weekly
- Healthy diet
- Apply sunscreen
- Use products with retinol
- Use anti-aging products
1. Use gentle face wash- Use light or mild face wash and clean your face in circular motion. Avoid scrubbing as it can irritate your skin which accelerates skin aging. Cleansers with high pH can turn out harsh for your skin and can make your skin vulnerable to irritation and infection. Ensure you wash your face before going to bed.
2. Exfoliate weekly- Your skin sheds dead cells regularly. But as you age, your skin slows down replenishing itself which makes you skin look dull and uneven. Exfoliating can help you get rid off dead cells from your skin. Buy products containing AHA’s (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), it helps in reviving the complexion by removing dead skin cells.
3. Healthy diet- Want to stay young? Make sure you eat healthy. Studies suggest that eating fresh fruits and vegetable may prevent damage that leads to premature skin aging. Avoid food containing excessive amount of sugar or other refined carbohydrates. Fill your plate with foods that are high in omega-3, protein and vitamin C.
4. Apply sunscreen- While going outside, make sure you apply sunscreen. Sun’s UV rays can cause aging by breaking down collagen and causing uneven pigmented patches. Sunscreen is a great way to keep your skin healthy and prevents age spots and discoloration. Use sunscreen that has broad spectrum, at least SPF 30 and is water resistant.
5. Use products with retinol- Retinol is a derivative of vitamin A which acts as an antioxidant and reduces damage free radicals that inflicts on your skin. These free radicals are the reasons for wrinkles and sagging skin. Retinol helps in increasing collagen production to firm the skin.
6. Use anti-aging products- Next time you go to market to purchase beauty products, ensure it contains anti-aging ingredients. Ingredients like hyaluronic aid, vitamin C and vitamin B3 helps in keeping your skin cells hydrated and minimizes wrinkles, scars and fine lines.