After coming from a party, most women just grab a wet wipe and start removing their makeup. The stains on the wipe are the evidence for removed makeup. But, this practice may harm your skin.
Although it’s better than sleeping with makeup on as it leads to dry skin, acne and can cause wrinkles. Even with wet wipe your makeup doesn’t get removed completely. To make sure your makeup is completely washed off, try these simple tips-
- Use cleanser
- Steam heat
- Use cotton pads for eye makeup
- Be gentle
1. Use cleanser- Avoid using face wash to remove your makeup. Cleanser can be used to take off foundation and blush. Massage the cleanser over your face for 15-20 seconds, and then gently wipe with a wet, white cotton cloth. Keep scrubbing gently until your foundation and blush completely comes off.
2. Steam heat- You can also try steaming your face before washing your makeup. The steam loosens up your pores and makes it easier for the cleaner to penetrate the skin deeper to remove makeup and debris. Although it might take longer time than usual, but it can be tried occasionally.
3. Use cotton pads for eye makeup- Skin around the eyes is most sensitive, you have to take extra care to remove mascara and liner. Avoid using cotton balls as it leaves some fibers behind. Use a cotton pad or oil-based remover (for waterproof products) specifically for eyes. Don’t rub so hard that your lashes break.
4. Be gentle- Don’t be in a hurry, while removing makeup. Make sure you don’t leave your skin dehydrated or irritated. Use cleansing oil to avoid dryness. Gently apply and massage oil across your lids, eyebrows, lips and all over your face. It helps to loosen up the makeup. After this, take a cotton pad and smoothly rub it on the same spots.
5. Moisturize- Makeup removal can make your skin dry, specially the eye area which is the most sensitive skin on your face. After you’ve removed your makeup, moisturize your face. Apply balm on your lips and eye cream on your eye area. It helps in keeping your skin soft and hydrated.