Many of us might not be using hair conditioner on a regular basis or not at all. The reason being we don’t know what actually conditioner is used for.
While, shampoo helps in cleaning your hair, conditioner helps in repairing and controlling your hair damage. Conditioner also hydrates, moisturizes and smoothens your hair.
Here, are some of the benefits of using hair conditioner-
- Provides shine and smoothness
- Reduces split ends
- Prevents hair breakage
- Repairs chemically or heat damaged hair
- Keeps the hair moisturized
1. Provides shine and smoothness- If you have dry, rough or damaged hair, just use hair conditioner and your hair will be shiny and smooth as they were never before. Hair conditioner hydrates and feeds your hair with essential nutrients which improves the hair texture. It also helps in minimizing frizz.
2. Reduces split ends- When your hair is dehydrated or lack nutrients, they become dry, brittle and starts splitting. These split ends constrains your hair growth. This issue is easily solved by hair conditioner as it smoothens, nourishes and rejuvenates the hair strands.
3. Prevents hair breakage- When your hair are tangled, you become more likely to frizziness, split ends and breakage-prone hair. Hair conditioner helps in making your hair smooth and gives you tangle-free hair look by retaining the scalp and hair moisture. Thus, preventing hair loss.
4. Repairs chemically or heat damaged hair- Overuse of heat styling appliances and chemical treatments damages your hair cuticles. This causes your hair to become dehydrated, fragile and brittle. Well, hair conditioner is your rescue product as consistent use of conditioner helps to soothe your parched and dry hair.
5. Keeps the hair moisturized- Shampoo has an ingredient called surfactants which strips off the essential oils from your hair and scalp. Conditioner on the other hand helps in infusing the lost moisture back into your hair strands. This reduces hair fall and strengthens your hair strands.