Your immunity system plays an important role in healing your wounds and keeping you healthy. It serves as first line of defense while fighting with germs. You need to keep check with what you eat, what you exercise and your stress level in order to keep healthy.
Your lifestyle changes also influences your immunity system.
Here are some ways to boost your immunity system-
1. Sleep- People with inadequate or poor quality sleep are more prone to illness. Getting at least 6 hours of sleep is necessary. Adequate sleep may strengthen your immunity naturally. Even while you are sick, sleeping makes you feel better. You can try sleeping in dark room or by using sleep mask and try to sleep at same time every night.
2. Healthy diet- It is a key to a strong immune system. Eat whole plant foods like fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds as they are rich in nutrients and antioxidants. These antioxidants help in decreasing inflammation. You should include foods with vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E. Avoid taking supplements of these vitamins.
3. Regular exercise- Exercising can boost your overall blood circulation. You don’t need to do intense workout, moderate exercise can also boost effectiveness of a vaccine. It helps in reducing inflammation and regenerating immunity cells regularly. You can include brisk walking, steady cycling, jogging, swimming etc. Try to exercise for at least 25-30 minutes daily.
4. Drink water- Drink at least 8 ounces of water per day. Dehydration can cause headaches, weakness, indigestion etc. Water is the best fluid to stay hydrated as it is free of calories, additives and sugar. If you have trouble in drinking enough water, set reminders throughout the day.
5. Reduce stress- Working for extra hours or long-term stress promotes inflammation, as well as causes imbalance in immune cell function. When you’re stressed, your ability to fight antigens is reduced, making you more susceptible to infections. Meditation, exercise, yoga are some activities which can help you in reducing your stress level.