Nutrition plays an important role in helping you maintain a healthy lifestyle. It is a biochemical and physiological process by which an organism uses food to support its life.
Proper nutrition is essential for your overall development. Let’s know some nutrition facts which will help you to make healthy choices-
- Added Sugar Is Your Enemy
- Perfect Diet Doesn’t Exist
- Avoid Artificial Trans Fat
- Adequate Vitamin D is Essential
- Say No to Refined Carbohydrates
- Supplements Cannot Replace Real Foods
- Sodium is Not All Bad
1. Added Sugar Is Your Enemy- Many of the processed food contains an ingredient called “Added Sugar”. Well, this improves the taste of the food but on the other hand it provides empty calories. It is also believed to be the leading cause of obesity, heart disease and type 2 diabetes.
2. Perfect Diet Doesn’t Exist- Every person is unique in its own way. Differences in genetics, body type, physical activity and environment affect the type of diet you should follow. A diet which works for you doesn’t necessarily mean that it will work for others. You have to try what works for you and what not.
3. Avoid Artificial Trans Fat- Trans fat is a side product of hydrogenated vegetable oils. It is a combination of unsaturated fats and hydrogen gas. High intake of trans fat is linked with various chronic diseases like obesity, heart disease, Alzheimer etc.
4. Adequate Vitamin D is Essential- You will be surprised to know that Vitamin D functions as a hormone in the body. Your skin makes Vitamin D when it is exposed to UV rays from the sun. Yet, many people around the world suffer from Vitamin D deficiency. This can cause diseases like diabetes, cancer, osteoporosis etc.
5. Say No to Refined Carbohydrates- Refined carbohydrates like processed food is unhealthy for your body. They lack the essential nutrients required by your body and may even lead to increase in your blood sugar and insulin level. On the other hand, unrefined carbohydrates contain numerous beneficial nutrients and antioxidants.
6. Supplements Cannot Replace Real Foods- The real food like fruits, vegetables, cereals etc. have a massive variety of nutrients and mineral in them. The multivitamin tablet you take contains just a small part of the total amount of nutrients in foods and they can never match the variety of nutrients you get from real foods.
7. Sodium is Not All Bad- Although, it is true that too much sodium can cause high blood pressure but consuming the right amount of sodium can actually help you regulate your blood pressure and volume. It may also reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, and kidney damage.