We all want a fit and perfect body. Yet, while exercising we tend to miss the important points to do before and after working out. Diving right into a workout without preparation can result in reduced performance.
Many a times, we don’t know what to eat or drink before working out and how will it impact our body at times. The questions are endless, when it comes to health and fitness.
Things like taking appropriate nutrition and quality sleep also helps in maintenance of our body. Doing pre- and post- workout rituals can fuel up your efforts and maximizes the results.
Here are some pre-workout things to boost your workout –
- Drink water
- Warm up
- Listen to music
- Eat up
- Sleep well
1. Drink water- A study suggests drinking 17-20 ounces of water 2-3 hours prior to workout. Water regulates your body temperature and lubricates your joints. It helps in avoiding muscle cramps and keeps your body energetic.
2. Warm up- Stretching prepares your body for workout and improves your blood circulation. It enhances the flexibility of one’s body. Some pre-workout exercises like- Jumping jacks, knee hugs, ankle circle can benefit your overall workout.
3. Listen to music- Grab your speakers and play some energetic song, rest you yourself will see the result. Studies have shown that upbeat music improves your workout performance and makes you feel less like you’re working.
4. Eat up- Eating 2 hours before workout is important to keep your energy up to the mark. It also makes recovery easier on your body. Food with low-fiber carbohydrates, low in fat helps in reducing chances of gastrointestinal stress and maintains blood sugar level.
5. Sleep well- Getting adequate sleep can energize you through the whole workout session. It also keeps one’s hunger hormones in check.