Be it any type of skin, taking care of your skin is not an easy task and maintaining its beauty is even more difficult.
Sensitive skin is often genetic in nature and can react to many different variables, from hormonal imbalances and poor diet to changes in the weather and specific chemicals or ingredients.
It requires extra care to keep your sensitive skin calm and clear. You have to be very precise in picking up beauty products for yourself.
Below are few skincare tips which can benefit your sensitive skin-
- Keep an eye on your purchases
- Skin test
- Moisturize your skin
- Limit your sun time
- Drink up
1. Keep an eye on your purchases- Before buying a beauty product for yourself, read the ingredients well in advance as sensitive skin does not react well to all types of ingredients. Otherwise, it can cause skin irritation, itchiness etc. Buy products with fewer ingredients or ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties.
2. Skin test- Before trying a new product, have a skin test done. Just put a small amount on your skin, for 48 hours to see any skin reaction. If you are switching to any new brand of cosmetic, it’s better to try in small amount. If there is any ingredient which may irritate your skin it will be known in advance.
3. Moisturize your skin- Use a moisturizer that suits your skin, organic can turn out to be a better choice. There are many brands with special moisturizing creams for sensitive skin. It makes your skin feel soft, smooth and firm.
4. Limit your sun time- Over exposure of sun can damage skin cells and can cause skin rashes and disease. The ultra violet rays of sun are harmful for your skin and should be avoided using sunscreen lotion with at least 30 SPF. Even if you are outside, make sure you cover your face.
5. Drink up- Keep your hydration level high to keep your skin calm and clear. Drink plenty of water to balance your sensitive skin. You can even try drinks containing vitamin C as it is good for glowing skin.