Almost every woman has to fight the battle of frizzy hair, especially during summer. Frizziness is caused by dry hair and lack of moisture.
Frizzy hair can be due to the shampoo you are using, hair gel or hair styling tool. Styling tool like hair straightener can make frizz erupt.
The best solution to avoid frizzy hair is nothing but to ensure your hair are well moisturized. Here are some tips to deal with frizzy hair-
- Use cold water
- Apply coconut oil
- Use conditioner
- Use microfiber towel
- Apply hair serum
1. Use cold water- While hot water makes your muscles relaxed, but it is not good for your hair. Wash your hair with cold water. Cold water helps in preventing dryness and frizzy hair. It helps in sealing hair cuticles and promotes hair growth. it gives your hair a healthy, lustrous look. It controls breakage and frizz.
2. Apply coconut oil- Coconut oil is easily absorbed by hair and it adds moisture to the hair scalp. It is high lauric acid, which reduces protein loss. You just have to massage your hair with small amount of coconut oil before your hair wash and leave it for at least 15 minutes. It will add shine to your hair and also reduce the chance of frizzy hair.
3. Use conditioner- Frizzy hair is caused due to misaligned hair fibers. Using conditioner after shampoo helps to detangle hair and realigns the hair fibers. Apply conditioner from mid-shaft down to your hair ends, wait for 5 minutes and then rinse it off. Make sure you didn’t apply conditioner to your hair roots.
4. Use microfiber towel- The cloth material of your towel can rough up your hair cuticles. Use microfiber towel or a cotton t-shirt. Microfiber towels are made from finer fibers, which reduce friction and snagging on your hair. Avoid rubbing a towel aggressively against your hair; it weakens your hair cuticle.
5. Apply hair serum- You can also apply hair serum post hair wash. Hair serum contains silicones, which helps in realigning hair fibers and gives a smooth look to your hair. Hair serum provides shine and protection against humidity. It also assists in retaining moisture in hair.