Every woman is obsessed with lipsticks. You can never get enough of lipsticks. The vibrant colors, the magnetic appeal and the glow that a lip color provides make you look prettier than ever. And all of us love to have a huge collection of lip colors, even if we use only a few of them.
Sometimes, you might end up buying same lip color. So, it is always important to consider few things before buying a lipstick-
- Skin tone
- Expiry date
- Beware of the replicas
- Refrain from buying online
- Remember the shades you already have
1. Skin tone- Some lip shades work better for dusky skin tone and some for fairer skin tone. If a lip shade suits on your friend’s face, it might or might not look good on you. Always select the lipstick shade that complements your skin tone. It is better if you try different shades on your hands first, to choose the best one for you.
2. Brand-Depending on your budget, you can select between international and national brands. Both of them offer variety of lipstick shades and types. Although some of the lip colors are found only in specific brands. You can try a few before buying the type you want.
3. Expiry date- Just like all other cosmetics, lipsticks also have an expiry date. Most of the lipsticks have an expiry date of 3 years from its manufacturing date. On the other hand, some decent brands usually have a one year period of use. Using expired lipstick, can harm your lips and also may not give you promised result.
4. Beware of the replicas- Never buy from local vendors or unknown shopping site as market is full of fake brands. Many brand replicas is easily available in the market. Make sure you buy the original product. As these fake ones, can cause harm to your lips.
5. Refrain from buying online- Don’t buy lipstick online especially when you don’t know the lip shade number of the specific brand you want. Sometimes the shade depicted in the images online might not match with your expectation. So it’s always better to buy from a store than online.
6. Remember the shades you already have- Take a look of all lipstick shades you have, before going out to buy one. Purchasing the same or similar lip color again is not a good idea. This tip can help you avoid repetition.