Weight loss doesn’t always mean eating less food. You just need to make sure that you consume less calories than you expend.
A research showed that diet of less than 1,000 calories a day does not provide balanced nutrition to the body. Less calorie intake can also lead to vitamin and mineral deficiency associated with serious health issues.
Perhaps you can eat healthier food without restricting your calorie intake. There are certain foods which can aid in your weight loss. These foods help you fell full longer and curb your cravings. Some of them are-
- Dark chocolate
- Greek yogurt
1. Dark chocolate- Yes, you read it right. Dark chocolate is actually good for you, your body and your waistline. It suppresses sugar cravings, keeps you full for longer period of time and speeds up your metabolism. You can add dark chocolate munchies as your evening snack. Although, eating dark chocolate on regular basis is not advisable.
2. Beans- Beans, lentils and other legumes can promote weight loss. They are high in protein and fiber which helps feel full for long. They also improve your gut health and remove fat store around your waist. They contain soluble fiber that takes time to digest and absorb. Include pulses like beans, chickpeas, lentil in your diet.
3. Soup- Soup can be considered as the best source in increasing your vegetable and whole grains consumption. Slowly eating the soup may help you avoid eating until you’re full. It also hydrates you and promotes fullness. Before eating your meal, have a vegetable-based clear soup it will make you feel more satisfied and support you lose weight healthfully.
4. Avocado- Avocado has healthy fats. It contains a lot of water and fiber and potassium which makes them satiating. It helps in absorbing fat soluble vitamins like Vitamin A, D, E and K. Have it in small portion as they are calorie dense. Studies have shown that eating avocado in lunch or breakfast, reduces your chance of over-eating.
5. Greek yogurt- Yogurt is an excellent dairy product. Greek yogurt is not only just delicious, but is also great for weight management. It has twice amount of protein than regular yogurt. The probiotic bacteria in yogurt helps in improving gut functions. It has amino acid, vitamin D and calcium which promote fat burning.
6. Eggs- Eggs are rich in protein which promotes fat-burning. High protein intake speeds up the metabolic rate. Eating eggs in breakfast can reduce hunger later that day. It has number of nutrients and fat, which makes you feel full for long.
7. Nuts- Nuts are full of healthy fats, protein, fiber and other plant compounds that benefit heart health. It improves metabolic health and promotes weight loss. Make sure you only eat a modest amount of nuts each time you eat them. Just a handful of almonds, peanuts, walnuts or pecans can be a great snack.