Are you tired of trying all weight loss hacks available on internet, but still can’t see any weight loss? Try these yoga poses and you will notice the difference.
Yoga is not only associated with meditation and mindfulness but it is also a good weight loss tool. It boosts your flexibility, mental health and burns calories.
Just try these yoga poses at home and begin your journey of being fit and healthy-
- Plank Pose
- Bow Pose
- Triangle Pose
- Chair Pose
- Boat Pose
- Sun Salutation Pose
1. Plank Pose (Phalakasana) - This pose strengthens your body core. It also strengthens your shoulders, back, buttocks, thighs, abs. To do a plank, get in the position of a push-up, giving pressure on your hand, wrist and elbow and lift your body up. Remain in this position for as long as you can.
2. Bow Pose (Dhanurasana) – This pose helps you tone your belly and back. It strengthens your core and abdominal area, improves your posture. Your entire body is stretched in this pose. To do this pose, get yourself in a face down position, bend your knees and hold your ankles with hands keeping your knees hip-width apart. While holding your ankle, lift your chest and thighs off the floor. For at least 15-20 seconds, stay in this position.
3. Triangle Pose (Trikonasana) – This pose is easiest to do. It activates lower obliques, strengthens thighs and relieves backache. It helps in burning belly fat and tones your waistline. To do this pose, stand with a gap of around three feet between your legs, bend down, turn your right leg slightly towards left, and set your right foot forward. Now, touch your feet with your right hand and stretch your left hand upwards. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
4. Chair Pose- This pose is for legs. It builds up your lower body muscle, including your hips, waist, core, thighs and glutes. Start by standing straight, join your palms and raise your arms above your head. Now, bend your knees parallel to the floor. Hold this pose for 30 seconds.
5. Boat Pose – The name says it all, your body looks like a boat when in this position. This pose is all about maintaining balance on your hips. Sit on ground with your legs straightened. Now, slowly lift your legs up and extend your hands parallel to the floor forming a V shape. Hold this pose for 15-20 seconds.
6. Sun Salutation Pose (Surya Namaskar) - This pose warms up your muscles and helps in blood circulation. It stretches and tones most of the major muscles, waist, arms. It also stimulates the digestive system and balances body metabolism.