While coping up with your busy life, you also need to make sure that your mind is at peace. With meditation you can wipe away all your day stress and bring inner peace.
Meditation has been practiced for thousands of years. It helps to keep your mind relaxed and reduce stress. It does not matter where you are- whether you’re out for a walk, working at your office, waiting at the doctor’s office; meditation can be practiced anywhere.
Here are some key benefits of meditation-
- Reduce stress
- Manage anxiety
- Fight addiction
- Reduces ageing
- Control pain
1. Reduce stress- Mental and physical stress increases level of stress hormone- cortisol. This increase can disrupt sleep, promote depression and anxiety. It can also lead to high blood pressure, over thinking and fatigue. Research has shown that meditation helps in reducing stress and reducing symptoms of stress-related medical condition.
2. Manage anxiety- People suffering from depression or anxiety are advised to meditate regularly. Meditation helps in training your mind to focus on present. It increases self awareness and self-esteem. It can also reduce areas of anxiety, chronic pain, and depression.
3. Fight addiction-Mindful meditation can increase your awareness of cravings and allow you to manage them. It can aid addiction recovery by modifying brain receptors linked to drug and alcohol addiction, allowing you to feel calmer, cope with triggers and avoid relapse.
4. Reduces ageing- Research has shown that meditation can improve your life expectancy and can keep the brain up to 20 years younger. It makes you look younger and also you will feel younger from the inside, out. It can also boost your memory and mental clarity.
5. Control pain- Meditation can help in managing chronic pain effectively by diminishing the perception of pain in the brain. Even doctors around the world recommend practicing mindful meditation as a part of a comprehensive pain management plan. It improves your pain tolerance, pain threshold and decreases anxiety towards pain.